Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Things that make you go Ahhhhh

When I was on my thrifting flurry a few weeks ago, I picked up a lovely necklace made of glass beads - clear with blue in them, and joined with metal pins. I love the clear colour and simple design and think I'll get lots of wear out of it.

And here's a bit of cuteness to look at (ahhhh).


I wanted to post about the first pair of socks I knit, which were a gift for my mum.

  • Mountain Colors yarn in Alpine colourway
  • 100 g / 350 yards 100% worsted wool
  • Ripple Socks pattern
  • 2.75mm needles
I really enjoyed learning how to knit socks. The pattern was easy enough and clearly written,and the yarn was wonderfully soft and beautifully dyed. I did find a spot were 2 of the 3 plies were broken, but otherwise I would purchase this yarn again. The colours alone made it wonderful to knit and I loved looking to see what colour would come up next!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,

The shawl looks smashing!
And who knew you were hoarding all those good books! That looks like fun! Maybe your thesis will turn into a anthropological dig of knitting through the ages...there's a thought!
hee hee. the necklace looks great too. very nice. I like the color - very pretty.
~Carley

March 02, 2006 1:51 p.m.  
Blogger Cally said...

Hi Robin, thanks for your comment on my blog, I get so excited when someone comments and it's great to link back and see your great blog. Loving those blue beads and that iPod cozy - woo hoo!

At the moment I make (non knitted) holders for other peoples iPods, but I want my own iPod so much.

I see you are a pisces girl too so happy birthday for whenever it is. Must go read your blog properly, I only looked quickly at pics and got excited about them.

And I LOVE macrame but can never find good books, your book is the same age as me!

March 04, 2006 6:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home