Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Contemplation

A little bit of housekeeping to start off with - you might notice I have started a Flikr account and have some photos displayed in the sidebar to the left. Go take a peak if you like! I'm also trying to get some links up to blogs and other sites that I visit on a regular basis and that others might find interesting.

The weekend has just flown by - as it usually does. I always plan to get so much done: school work not completed during the week (never is!); craft projects to finish and start; knitting-of course; and socializing with my sweetie and friends.

It's easy to flippantly say that I accomplished little, however, the truth is that I did managed to get some work/reading done, look at my favourite blogs, watch the Oscars with a friend, do the usual chores, and even cook a veggie lasagne! Not too shabby. The lasagne was yummy - email me if you want the recipe-it's a good one. I have to admit that I rarely cook. I am fortunate to have a partner who loves to mess about in the kitchen, even after a long day at work. I do get in the kitchen once in a while and manage to do a fair job. I am especially inspired by Nigella Lawson's cook books and am itching to bake one of her delicious cakes.

Another reason I am itching to bake a cake is because it is my birthday on Tuesday! And, although my sweet does the cooking in our abode, he doesn't make dessert (he is oddly missing his sweet tooth). I think a birthday is a great time to treat oneself. It is also the time of the year when I tend to think about where I am in life - sometimes this is a positive reflection and sometimes it can make me a bit melancholy. True to being a Pisces, I feel as if I am often swimming in two different directions. When my path is laid out in one direction, I fantasize about moving in the other direction. Even if I am feeling a bit down, I always think about how truly blessed I am to have the opportunities I have had. If you would like an inspiring, heart-wrenching, and touching read head on over to Posie gets Cozy - she is an amazing woman!

This past December I was feeling a need to make something whimsical and feminine. I ordered the pattern for the Giselle caplet by French Girl Knits as well as some Rowan Biggy Print in the Dull colourway (now discontinued) (all of which was on sale at the time at Elann.com). It was a very quick knit on size 20mm needles! Here's a few pictures.
I still have to get a ribbon that matches a bit better - possibly a navy or cream velvet ribbon. To be honest, I haven't had the opportunity to wear it out yet. I think it will work for those cooler Westcoast evenings during the Spring and Fall (even the Summer!). If I don't wear it much by the Winter it may get frogged and made in to a vest or long scarf.

I am very excited to say that I have signed up for my very first swap! It is called the Good Time Animal Swap hosted by the fantastic Anna at Twelve22 and will involve a purchased gift and a handmade craft for the pet of my swap partner. I can't wait to get started!

Finally, I want to thank those of you who have stopped by to read my blog and especially those who have taken the time to comment! Thank you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will always support a new blogger as I am one too! Your knitting is lovely, mine is slowly getting there but I love to see others to inspire me!!

March 06, 2006 3:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home