Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Lovely Fall knitting

Lovely fall days really inspire me to want to knit warm, snuggly sweaters. Way back when I first started to acquire a stash - only two short years ago - I purchased the yarn for the Debbie Bliss' Lara sweater in the project colourway (Alpaca Silk in 20510). I did attempt to start the sweater at one point, but it was abandonded for other projects. Lara, you are abandoned no more.
I have just starting the rib collar on this uniquely constructed sweater. It is progressing fairly quickly as it is my main knit when I relax in the evening in front of the tv.
I've also been working on ... a sock! Gotta have a sock to knit on the bus! Unfortunately, this little sock has been started about five times. Yah, I know, it looks easy, but the yarn is that crazy Cascade Fixation - very stretchy. I have managed to find the right stitch count for my foot and also a good tension for the yarn (which resembles an elastic band) and I am on my way now. The pattern is the Embroidered Stockings from the Fall 2006 Vogue Knitting. I'm loving the idea of knee socks right now so hopefully these will knit up quick!

I've been listening to a hilarious new podcast that I thought I would pass along to anyone who hasn't heard of them yet: Lime and Violet. Give them a listen. They're a hoot!

6 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Lara is a lovely sweater. For inspirarion, you should have a look at Cari's post about Lara at Dogs Steal Yarn.

September 25, 2006 6:30 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so funny, I just discovered Lime and Violet too! Too funny.

September 25, 2006 2:55 p.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

Alison: thanks for the tip - Cari's tale of her Lara sweater is hilarious.

TD: Lime and Violet rock! So glad you found them too.

September 25, 2006 4:54 p.m.  
Blogger Carley said...

oooh knee socks sound fun! I like the color of your lara sweater too - that will look excellent on you! hope you are well and the semester is ok! miss you!
carley

September 27, 2006 3:07 a.m.  
Blogger Macoco said...

That sock yarn looks so pretty - but it doesn't sound very fun to knit with!

September 27, 2006 12:20 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe your sock should meet up with my sock sometime, although your sock will probably have a mate before mine will...

October 04, 2006 3:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home