Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Just to say thank you!

There is nothing more healing for me than to get out and enjoying the beauty of Mother Earth. Love it. Don't particularly love the lack of a hot shower in the morning, but I can survive without for a few days. I especially like the fact that there are NO BUGS on the West Coast. I don't know what all those bugs are doing hanging around up north, but they are missing a good time down here (don't tell them though, ok?).
The picture above was taken from the Wickaninnish Interpretive Centre looking up the beach and the picture on the left below was taken on the path leading from our campsite to the south end of Long Beach. The West Coast of Vancouver Island is beautiful, rugged, unpredictable, and really satisfies with its long sandy beaches and tall, mysterious forests.









I have been delinquent in thanking two wonderful bloggers who have kindly sent me some delightful packages recently. The first is Blair of Wise Craft who, after her first package was lost in the mail, sent me another beautiful piece of fabric. Thank you for being so considerate, Blair!
The other wonderful blogger who I must thank is Sarah from Red Felt Flower who sent me a lovely package - with handwritten card (she has amazing handwriting), an Australian stamp on velum, and sweetly adorned in a pink button and thread! It contained three different and delightful pink ribbons that will be added to my growing ribbon stash. Love ribbon - it is so aesthetically pleasing to place in old mason jars and makes one feel very crafty indeed!
So thank you to three wonderful ladies, Mother Earth, Blair, and Sarah!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so welcome dear!

July 21, 2006 5:10 p.m.  
Blogger Carley said...

I love the picture of the starfish all nestled together! it looks like it was a good trip.
and the ribbon is very pretty! yay for ribbons in jars!

July 23, 2006 4:19 a.m.  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

Oh wow, I really miss the ocean. And bug free sounds just wonderful right now.

July 26, 2006 11:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home