Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

cuff

Inspired by Lisa's tower of cuffs, I decided I wanted to try my hand at making one of these fun little projects. So I did.
I had some scrap fabric - perfect for this project - and a bit of green silk that was perfect for visual and textural interest on the top. I just used tiny ricrac for the button loops.









This project is a great way to use a few lovely buttons from the collection. Thanks for the inspiration, Lisa!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks very cool!

August 01, 2006 11:57 a.m.  
Blogger Mandy said...

That's great! Thanks for passing on the inspiration, I think it's my turn to try one of these now. :)

August 01, 2006 2:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it, what a good idea for scrappy bits.

August 01, 2006 6:54 p.m.  
Blogger Carley said...

oooh. I like this! I love the green bits on brown. very pretty!!

August 01, 2006 10:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fab-I love it.
I've just browsed your blog and love that too. You're just so talented! Little Miss Kittie is so sweet!

August 03, 2006 10:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your cuffs look lovely. Makes me wish I had a sewing machine to give one a go.

August 07, 2006 4:52 p.m.  
Blogger Alison said...

I *love* this cuff! And now I'm off to search your archives for your Leaf Lace Shawl...

August 10, 2006 8:06 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

super cute! i actually have a dress made out of the flower fabric that you used on the back ... i'm sure it's the same. my partner says that i look like a walking 1970s curtain, but i love it!

August 11, 2006 4:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home