Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mickey's feet?

Just a quick post to show the finished result of the felted slippers! They are so cute and look like Mickey Mouse shoes. I don't know if that's the look that A. really wanted, but at least the slippers are warm!














Sorry about the slight blur to the pictures - as other bloggers have mentioned, the lack of sunlight lately does not encourage very good photographs! The bare-bones specs on this project are that I used Fiber Trends Felted Clogs pattern and Patons Classic Wool (held double). They felted up pretty quickly using my generous friend's front-loading washing machine.

Now I'm off to Port Hardy for a few days. Only an 8 hour drive to reach the upper portion (not the top) of Vancouver Island. My I live on a large island! See ya on the weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

Ooooh! I love them! Do they have a sole? Gotta get that pattern . . .

November 15, 2006 6:13 a.m.  
Blogger Macoco said...

Those are really cute slippers. They look so cozy.

November 15, 2006 8:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are soooo cute!
I am loving felted slippers right no. and they do look like mickey feet:)

November 15, 2006 10:20 a.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

Thanks everyone!

Planetjanet: They do have a sole! You knit a double sole and it felts together for a nice thick bottom to the slipper. You can also sew on a leather sole.

November 18, 2006 8:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blog! Very nice work. The slippers look great. I've just finished a pair with suede soles for my DH.

December 04, 2006 5:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home