Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Gifted goodness and knitting knews

Despite the fact that I haven't been posting very frequently as of late, I have been keeping up on the many blogs I peruse! I have been very fortunate to have received a fantastic blogiversary gift package from the wonderful Norththreads. It was her blogiversary, not mine, and I get the goodies - what a deal! Angie sent me a fabulous box just stuffed with wonderful items. Even Oscar got in on emptying the box!









One of my favourite items is this lovely felt needlecase. I'll have to get some embroidery scissors to keep in it.












And lots of fantastic embroidered linens, fabrics, and redwork, and cross stitch!









Also some lovely yarn, buttons, ribbon, a sweet green ginham apron, some tiny ricrak, ephemera, wall paper, embroidery cotton, picture frame, crocheted dollies, and other goodies. Can you believe all of the goodness in one package? Angie was so generous! She has some wonderful items at her etsy shop as well as at Glitter and Grunge, a fabulous collective of artistic creators (look under Glitter artists for Angela). Go check her out!

I've been knitting as well and have made progress on my Lara sweater as well as my Embroidered knee socks. I'm a bit further along then these pictures reflect and hope to finish up my Lara sweater this week! Lara is a bit challenging to take a photo of as she is one massive piece, but you get the picture. The Alpaca Silk is so lovely to work with and I can't wait to wear this sweater.












I've joined Socktoberfest this month and hope to reach the following goals:
  1. Finish the sock portion of Embroidered Stockings from Vogue knitting. This is my bus knitting project so I should make good progress.
  2. Start and possibly finish one sock of Norwegian Stockings from Nancy Bush's Folk Socks. Love these socks! I have in my hands some Devon yarn from Elann in black, green oasis, and white. These socks will be my first fair isle project and, I suspect, a challenge to complete!
I'm also going to try NOT to start any other sock projects during the month (unless I finish my two knee high pairs - ha!). I have many sock projects I would love to make so we'll see if I keep that little promise to myself.

Now I just need to figure out how to get that Socktoberfest button up on my side bar. Hmmm, I'm not the best at html and all, but did manage to get the Crafter's Companion button up! Woo hoo! (don't laugh!).

I hope everyone had a great weekend and wonderful Thanksgiving!

5 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

The felted needlecase is adorable!

October 10, 2006 6:40 a.m.  
Blogger granolagirl said...

What a great care package! I love the felted needle case.

October 10, 2006 3:22 p.m.  
Blogger Carley said...

oh want good things! I hope you enjoy all of them and your socks knit up as expected and that Lara sweater is in the wardrobe in no time!! Oscar looks so cute too exploring the box!

October 11, 2006 12:15 a.m.  
Blogger Macoco said...

That package is great! I love all of the embroidery items.

October 13, 2006 12:08 p.m.  
Blogger (Angie) Norththreads: said...

Thanks so much for posting! Im glad you liked your parcel. That was one of the first needlecases I ever made! Wow, wish I could knit and oin in on the fun!

October 14, 2006 7:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home