Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Friday, January 26, 2007

The long-awaited River post


Well, I think it's about time I posted about the long-finished River Shawl! I really love my finished River and have worn it a number of times. I did manage to finish it for my partner's Christmas party in December, which was my main goal, and have worn it as a scarf on other occassions. The yarn, Kid Silk Haze, is so lovely...not scratchy at all! It is wonderfully warm as well so I'm sure I'll get much use out of this knit!

The pattern is fairly simple, but took me forever to finish (due to many stops and starts on my part). So my start date was sometime in early 2006 and my end date was December 2006. The pattern is from Rowan Magazine no. 38 and was designed by Sharon Miller. I used a little less than 2 balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Black and the shawl was knit on 7mm Aero needles (no I don't mind the cheap plastic needles!).

I did not make the little scrunchy thing, but might in the future with the remaining ks haze.

I just wanted to thank those of you who patiently drop by here looking for a post...so sorry for the long pauses between postings!

The lack of light when I am home has prevented any decent picture of current projects, but I have been working on my Hedera socks (turning the heel on #2); Icarus shawl (slowing plugging along in chart 1); Jarrett sweater (yeah! I started a sleeve to see how the sizing will work out); Fetching gloves (yes, I started another project!). It looks like the forcast this weekend is for sun so I hope to get some fab pics of my knits soon!

I wanted to give a big heartfelt Yeah! to Ellen and Dana and Ruth-anne who have come together to form our own little Victoria knitting group! I just love getting out for an evening to chat and knit with these wonderful women!

And Happy B-day to Kathy -- all the best to you dear!

Take care all!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, its gorgeous, it looks so gossamer and soft. Bravo!

January 26, 2007 8:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah to a new post, too! ;)
The River shawl looks gorgeous-- you should definitely be proud of it! I can't wait to see the sunshine-y progress on all of your other projects, too.

January 27, 2007 11:02 a.m.  
Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful shawl, Robin!

January 27, 2007 2:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shawl, its so beautiful and looks very snuggly. So glad you can connect with our wonderful Dana, as she misses her knit group dearly. I am starting my first shawl for my mother and your finished one is an inspiration.

January 28, 2007 8:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is simply wonderful and hats off to you and your friends for starting a knitting club. My daughter and her friends meet once a month to knit, drink tea and chat and I think it's great that there's such an interest in this craft...especially when I can't knit a stitch! Carry on...

February 01, 2007 10:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww! Thank you, Sweetness! Your river is beautful.

February 02, 2007 9:36 a.m.  
Blogger FrozenExtremities said...

It's beautiful! Lacy knits are so much fun.

February 04, 2007 10:14 a.m.  
Blogger Macoco said...

The shawl looks so soft. It came out beautifully.

February 05, 2007 8:38 a.m.  
Blogger Strikkelise said...

It's beautiful! And I'm deeply impressed, having knit up only 1 skein KSH myself. It's a lovely yarn, but a pain to knit with.

February 23, 2007 11:01 a.m.  
Blogger Cally said...

I've not been here for too a while, but I just remembered your blogiversary was the same month as me, and so is your birthday! Happy versary and Bday to you :0)

March 12, 2007 11:35 a.m.  
Blogger Irie said...

Beautiful shawl!!! :)

March 13, 2007 2:23 p.m.  
Blogger Irie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 19, 2007 10:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home