This first version of the stamp was printed on all of the cards using the lighter colour of ink. I used gold, then mixed in some silver as I went along, and then added a teal (which looks green when mixed with the metallic paint). The print on the left shows the base layer of ink.
The next step is to carve out more of the design on the block - this is the area that will remain the colour of the first block print. For the second printing of the block, I used a dark purple, black, and brown on the different cards. You can see the image with the second layer of ink on the right in the photo above. I really love the results of all of the cards!
I also twisted the stamp 180 for a few of the prints ... I like how these images look so different than the others.
Our instructor advised us to sign the cards as limited edition prints - how fun! I titled my set "Peonies", one of my favourite flowers. I'm going to send a few of these out for Christmas/Hannukah cards and save the rest for special correspondence.
Tonight I had the opportunity to visit with a few knitters at a local coffee shop. I had a great time! So nice to sit, knit, and chat with these two lovely women. I haven't been able to find a local s&b group in town so I really hope that we will be able to meet on a regular basis in the new year and maybe even add a few people.
peace ... courage ... acceptance
::: may all of these be with you