Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The egg has hatched

You know, I just love reading all of the blogs out there. Unfortunately, that can take a lot of time out of my day! Especially bad when I am trying.to.write.my.thesis! Ah well. I have been busy with other things.

As I hinted in my last post, I've been working on a secret project. I've become a first time home owner, with my lovely guy (and Oscar too, of course)! I am so happy to have the opportunity to purchase my own place - especially in Victoria. We are now living in a wonderful 3-bedroom townhouse on a quiet little street close to downtown. There is lots of work to be done, but we are looking forward to making the place our own. Very importantly, I have my own craft room/office! Yah! Finally, place to put all of my various yarn, fabric, paper, and ribbons (and to work in peace and quiet). I have been designing the room in my head, but it will have to wait until later this year to be painted as I just don't have the time right now to tackle such a project. I'm thinking robin's egg blue for the walls ... any suggestions as to what paint/colour I should use? Oh, these look like pretty colours:

Yes, I've finished my scarf from Victorian Lace Today, but haven't had an opportunity to block it out. Actually, I haven't been knitting much at all these past few weeks. My wrists and arms have taken a beating with all of the cleaning (new place), moving, cleaning (old place), typing (thesis), and computer use (that blog reading again) I've been occupying my time with. I am itching to finish my Icarus shawl and start something new though!


Here's a pic of the unblocked VLT scarf - I'll list out the details in a later post once I get a pretty picture.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

I love the idea of a robins egg blue walls! Your scarf is so pretty, I can't wait to see it when it all blocked.

August 02, 2007 8:43 a.m.  
Blogger dana said...

Congratulations again on the big move! I think robin's egg blue would look fabulous on the walls... plus it would be very fitting ;)

Well, you won't have to keep up on my blog for the long weekend because I'll be making like the Ewoks in our anniversary chateau! HUZZAH! Best of luck finishing up with the thesis and getting started on the huge project that will be your house.

Cheers!

August 02, 2007 5:11 p.m.  
Blogger Irie said...

Oooh very pretty scarf!!

August 06, 2007 12:44 p.m.  
Blogger Carley said...

Congrats on the house Robin! Your own craft room/office will be wonderful! I hope you have many peaceful and productive and creative hours in there! Yay!

August 08, 2007 8:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Thanks for the comment on my blog and for the tip about Boutique de Laine. Perhaps our paths will cross at some kind of yarn related event. :)

August 08, 2007 9:39 a.m.  
Blogger Claire Louise Milne said...

Congratulations! Lucky you having a crafts room, robins egg blue sounds really lovely.

August 16, 2007 8:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This scarf is so lovely!
My name is nessa & I'm a Victoria knitter too! :-)
I have a knit group on Tuesday and Friday nights that meets at Khona coffee right on Fort & Cook. You are welcome to stop by sometime! The website is the bitchybees
It occurs to me you might have already come before to the Tuesday night group, I have classes that night so that's why we also have Friday night too now :-)
Also I love the indigo moon yarn you had in an earlier post. I bought some of Trish's yarn at the SSFF this past summer. Her yarns are *so* yummy :-)
~Nessa

October 05, 2007 10:20 p.m.  
Blogger TrampledbyGeese said...

That scarf is simply beautiful.

Congratulations on getting your own place.

December 09, 2007 11:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home