Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Winter Wonderland

Yah, it's Friday! And, it snowed again this morning! Very exciting to see snow in Victoria - especially in March. Craziness.

This week was fun. First of all, it was my birthday and I had a lovely day. It was sunny and I spent the day having lunch with my sweetie and thrifting. I then had my favourite dinner of Thai food. Unfortunately, I had a bit of an allergic reaction that put me out for Wednesday, but all is well now. Here's a photo of the Solstice Cafe where I had lunch and a view from the back window out onto Market Square - I love the colours and the older buildings. This block of Pandora Street is a place where I often frequent - yoga studio MokSana, Solstice Cafe, and two great vintage clothing stores, among other shops.

I think one of the reasons I like my birthday week is because I get lots of happy mail - not bills and junk, but cards that contain best wishes and notes from friends and loved ones. One fun package I received in the mail all the way from England was the bird print from anna of Twelve22! Love it. And her wrapping is so perfect.















Can't wait to frame it and hang it on the wall.

I haven't done much crafting or knitting this week so no photos to share. Actually, my camera battery died this morning so I will have to wait to take photos of the goodies found thrifting this past week.

I'll leave you with a shot of my rocks. I love rocks, much to the chagrin of my partner who helps me carry them home from our excursions. Rocks look fantastic wet and I keep many of my collection in a pond on my deck in the summer. In the winter, however, I put my favourite larger rocks on the balcony railing and let the rain show off their colours. It's a nice visual to look at when everything is grey and gloomy.

Have a great Friday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Irie said...

Thanks for leaving your comments on my blog. I hope you had a great birthday! Love the photo of the rocks, what a great idea. I display my rocks indoors, where they are always dry!

March 11, 2006 12:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home