Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Goodies in, goodies out

Hello blogging world! I have been an absent blogger. Things have been slow in craftybirdland: my computer has been sick = less blogging. The sunny weather has been distracting as well - I can finally wear summer skirts, my plants are flourishing, and the days are long and very enjoyable.

I do have a few things to chat about though! I have been working on my accessory purse - it is blocked and seamed. I need to sew the lining together and then hand sew it into the knitted purse, and then attach the lovely wooden handle that I purchased. I will post progress photos shortly - the light here is not great in the morning for photos!

Here are a few cards I have made recently and that have now reached their recipients. A card for my dear friend, Carley, who successfully defended her masters thesis. Yah, Carley! The card is made with silver stickers, metallic pens, as well as a metal "journey" tag held down with brads.


I also made a birthday card for A's mother using a fern stamp in two colours of metallic ink (green and copper) as well as a few other stamps. The background is done in my favourite chalk ink in two colours - yellow and green, which is stippled on the card and then stamped over. The chalk ink background gives the card a nice aged feel. Quick and easy cards!















I also received a wonderful package in the mail from Snowbear a.k.a. Crafty Corner. What a sweetie! She had commented about the silver stickers (like the ones used in the card for Carley above) on my blog so I sent her a package with a set as well as a few other stickers. And she thanked me with this lovely package - so nice!

I also received a cute note from my Good Time Animal Swap partner - Stephanie of SumThings - that she received my package and the softies and bed are being enjoyed thoroughly by her three dogs! So nice to hear that she liked everything and that the dogs liked their goodies. She is taking a blogging break right now as her and her husband are adopting a baby from Guatemala - congratulations to Stephanie and her family! Um, I haven't heard a peep from my GTAS swap partner so Oscar cat may be out of luck. Too bad, as this was my first swap. Despite that, I really enjoyed making the goodies and putting the package together for Stephanie.

In other knitting news, I am still plugging away at Orangina. Ok, this is the slowest project ever for me! I have made some progress on the second panel and have completed around 10 inches, but need to get to 15 inches of lace. Then I will attach the front and back and continue with inches and inches of ribbing. It WILL get done in time for me to wear this summer though!


Enjoy the rest of your week folks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carley said...

Robin does not do herself justice with her card making skills! The Carley card also had a very neat 3-D/pop us message inside - it is stunning!!!And the neat dimensionality of the card doesn't translate as well on a 2-D screen. Robin makes beautiful cards and is a beautiful friend!
-Carley

May 20, 2006 4:42 p.m.  
Blogger Irie said...

I love the card from Carley - you planted the idea of a sick computer in the first paragraph, and Carley's card popped out as a circuitry board - the dark green background with intricate lines of silver and copper, followed by a "journey" computer chip! Awesome! :)

May 23, 2006 7:17 a.m.  
Blogger patricia said...

Everything looks so pretty here, especially the fern card. It is a garden of a greeting that really puts the dollar store generic sentiments to shame. I wish I were doing more crafty things too. Harrumph. Some balance is needed!

May 25, 2006 6:40 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautfiul Cards! You are a great friend for sure. Loving the Orangina so far too! So glad my exclamation mark button's working!

May 26, 2006 10:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home