Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

me-me-me-me-meeeeeee (and bonnets!)

I have been tagged with my very first me-me by Kathy over at WhileTangerineDreams (hi Kathy!)! I visit Kathy's blog daily (as she is very efficient and posts daily) for news on her crafting and other adventures. We started blogging around the same time and it is nice to 'grow' with another blogger.

So, now for the me-me.....

Five minutes to yourself: how would you spend them, ideally?
Sitting on the couch at home with my laptop cruising bloglines looking at all of your fantastic blogs with a good cup of coffee (cream and sugar please) in my hand with a purring kitty on one side and A sitting on the other. Oh, and in my PJs. Here's my spot right next to Oscar's blanket (allergic to cat hair, ya know).
Five bucks to spend right now; how would you spend it?
I would buy a lovely home design magazine full of great photos - I get such enjoyment from magazines. Of course, five dollars rarely buys a whole magazine so I may have to go with a cup of coffee and pan au chocolate (really, I am not copying you Kathy - that is exactly what I had for breakfast yesterday!) from the Italian Bakery just down the street from my home. yum!

Five items in your house you could part with, right now, that you hadn't thought of already?
Hmmm...this is tough because I think a lot about decluttering and what I can and cannot get rid of. Really, I could get rid of almost everything and survive, but that emotional attachment to 'things' makes it hard to dispense with my possessions. So, probably most of my plants (inside and out), my bed (4-poster shaker style), my dresser (that I have had since a child), my yarn stash (agggghhh), most of my books (double agggghhh). Whew, that was tough.

Five items you absolutely, positively could never part with in your house?
My iron bed I have had since I was a child, which is now used as our couch (see photo above); my childhood and family photographs; Oscar the cat; jewelry passed down from my maternal grandmother; old children's books passed down from my paternal great grandmother.

Five words you love? I'll keep it clean here: quotidien, pensive, concomitant, elucidate, and eh (yah, I use it a lot!).

Thanks, Kathy, for the me-me. I think I will pass it on to the following fantastic bloggers, if they would like to participate!
Blair at
Wise Craft
Anna at
twelve22
Heather at
Orange Blossom Goddess
Cally at
Cally Creates
Anna at
Amelia Raitte: My Fashionable Life

I mentioned that I was making some children's bonnets from the Kingpod mailorder. Here is a couple of pictures of the finished product. I used some heavy cotton fabric that I have in my stash and different ribbon for each bonnet. I like how the ribbon you use really changes the look of the bonnet from more classic to fun and funky. I love them and think they will look great on their recipients!















Well, it is beautiful and sunny out so I think I will walk a bit on the way to school.

Have a great day everyone!

7 Comments:

Blogger Cally said...

Oh yes I'll play! It'll be my first tagging too but I'm just leaving for work so it will have to be over the weekend since I don't want to rush it.

April 21, 2006 11:56 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so funny our shared love of pan au chocolate! I love how your bonnets turned out. So cute! I'm done my bonnet now too. I'll have a pic on Monday.

April 22, 2006 6:14 p.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

Thanks, jenn, for your compliments on the bonnets and blog! I see you have a blog as well - I'm going to go take a peek!

April 24, 2006 2:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, you tagged me. Our answers sounds harmonious in our memes, except no sugar in my coffee, only cream.

April 25, 2006 9:13 p.m.  
Blogger patricia said...

These are so sweet! I love your blog. I'm having knit-envy...

April 27, 2006 5:36 a.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

Blair - I am sure you are sweet enough with out sugar! Thanks for your feedback on the me-me.

Patricia - I bet you don't take sugar in your tea/coffee either! Thanks for your sweet comments on my knitting and blog.

April 27, 2006 9:50 a.m.  
Blogger sarah said...

Hi Robin! Thanks for the email! Just stopped by to read your answers. I've only just got around to posting mine due to my baby daughter - wow, babies are hard work!

I'll stop by regularly and see what you're up to..
S
xxx

May 02, 2006 1:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home