Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

GTAS goodies are on their way!

Sorry for the long absence from blogging! I have been busy finishing up with the semester and doing a little crafting here and there. As I was away for 3 weekends in March and had an essay to write the first weekend in April, I didn't have much time to get to my GTAS swap so I spent this week finishing up the details and getting my package in the mail to my swap partner. A little late (sorry!), but I hope she and her lovely pets will find it worth the wait. I made two softies and a pillow cover/blanket for my partner and I am pretty happy with how they turned out.
Here is Mr. Ducky - he's a bit of a flowery fellow and enjoys swimming in circles to his right (that would be due to my sewing skills!). Mr. Ducky loves to quack it up as well, especially if you squeeze his head (I put one of those annoying squeakers in there).









This is Mr. Bunny. He's an All American guy who loves fireworks and bar-b-ques. He's a bit of a cheeky bunny and loves to make noise. Mr. Bunny and Mr. Ducky enjoyed hanging out on the pillow cover/blanket made from fleece and denim with a zipper at one end to insert a pillow.
I made these guys from a soft toys book I picked up at a thrift store and I also managed to make these items from items I already had (except for the stuffing). I tried to stick with the "use what you have" theme for April started by Simple Sparrow. You can click on her button for use what you have and it will take you to the Flickr group as well.

I hope Mr. Bunny and Mr. Ducky and the blanket all have a safe and speedy trip to their new home! Bon Voyage!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Ducky is lovely.

April 15, 2006 10:47 p.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

Thank you, Jackie! I think he is rather dashing myself.

April 24, 2006 2:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home