Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Pouch turned Purse

Well, I got a bit carried away knitting the repeats on my "accessory pouch" from Melanie Falick's Handknit Holidays and it has now turned into a nice sized purse! Really, that's what I intended and I am quite happy with the size at 5 repeats per side. The red is a bit hard to photograph, but you can get the idea from the photo below. I was still having trouble with the pattern and really should have taken the time to chart it out. So, it it done, but not perfect - good enough for a rustic knit purse!


I have left each side on the needles so I can make adjustments after I pick up a set of handles. I am heading downtown this afternoon with my good friend to pick up the handles and some fabric to line the inside. I haven't been yarn/fabric shopping for ages (besides thrift stores) so it should be a fun afternoon!

4 Comments:

Blogger mNg said...

That's neat :) Wish I could knit a sweater for my baby.

May 07, 2006 11:57 a.m.  
Blogger Veronique said...

That seems to be the perfect size for a purse. I thought the original bag in Handknit Holidays was huuuuge! Good job!

May 07, 2006 12:28 p.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

Thanks tinkerfaerie! There are some great baby sweater patterns that aren't too hard. Give it a try!

Thanks veronique - The bags in the book are very large and very small! Luckily, it is an easy pattern to adjust to whatever size you prefer.

May 07, 2006 10:01 p.m.  
Blogger Twiss And Weber said...

That purse is going to be really pretty.

I do hope you will play with us at the refashion wardrobe challenge.

May 15, 2006 10:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home