Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Friends and memories

I have finally, I repeat, finally finished a little photo album to mail off to a dear friend of mine who has moved in the opposite direction of where I currently live. I have moved a fair bit in my life and the one thing I find difficult is not seeing those friends whom I have moved away from. Some friends are always a part of your life though, even if you don't talk all that often anymore. So, I am putting a little package in the mail today for a friend that I haven't seen in almost a year. I actually started this package well before Christmas and am just now getting it in the mail - so bad! I was a bridesmaid at her wedding, which was so lovely! Here are a few pictures of the simple little album I made that included a section for the bridal shower, the bachelorette, and getting ready for the wedding. Each section had it's own theme. The first used some wonderful origami paper given to me by another crafty friend.
Here is the invitation to the bridal shower, folded and tied with ribbon. I made the invitation and then colour copied the original, which creates a cool 3-D effect. The dragonfly stamp is from the original invitation.
Here is the next title page - simple, but nice:
Here's the last title page - the dress is a stamp first done in green and then overlayed in black, the silver are stickers, and the copper tag, which says "memories", is attached with brads:
Finally, this is the last page that shows a photo of her dress hanging in the hotel room:
Loved her dress - she looked so beautiful! It was a plain strapless dress with beading on the train (as shown) - very lovely - but what made it exquisite was the overdress, almost a jacket, that had long sleeves and and a train and was made of a deep ivory lace, beads, and sequins. It suited my dear friend perfectly. Even the bridesmaids' dresses were nice!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure she will love it.

March 29, 2006 3:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like those silver stickers! Where did u get them?
You did a great job on the book--a very nice keepsake.
Snowbear

March 29, 2006 9:55 p.m.  
Blogger Strikkelise said...

What a lovely album, and all that work put into it. It will be a wonderful gift.

April 13, 2006 3:22 a.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

Thank you, Strikkelise!

April 13, 2006 8:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home