Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Neat stuff!

Well, it has been a fabulous four-day long weekend! I managed to get in a couple of refreshing walks on the beach in between rain storms, watched many movies, and ate very well (thanks to my lovely partner, A). Unfortunately, Mr. A had to go to work today, but that gave me a day at home to putter by myself. I managed to reorganize my knitting stash closet and even sorted through some yarn I bought at thrift stores that I intend to re-thrift. Um, I think I have developed into a yarn snob! Anyways, there is plenty of yarn in my stash to keep me busy for the next few years, let alone all the yucky yarn. Making the softies for my GTAS buddy has inspired me to make a few skirts for my wardrobe - all using fabric that I have been hanging on to for years. It's not Amy Butler or from some of the other wonderful fabric artists out there right now, but I can't justify buying more when I already have so much fabric!

Before the weekend arrived I received my Kingpod Mailorder package from Amy in the mail! Yeah! I had been waiting impatiently as I knew others had received their packages already. Unfortunately, the mail seems to take an extra couple of days to get to Vancouver Island. So, I opened it up right away and there are so many goodies inside - very fun! Amy included a bonnet pattern in three sizes. I have cut out a few bonnets in the child size for some dear children in my life and hope to have them finished tonight or tomorrow. What a great package and such a sweet pattern.

I also want to show off a fantastic t-shirt I won as a door prize recently. It is made by a local team, Duncan Cairns and his friend (whose name I do not know). The artwork on the front is by Luke Ramsey, who can create a *mean* looking bunny (at least I think it's a bunny)! Thought it was rather Easterish (is that a word) with the bunny and the sunny yellow t-shirt.

I love the back as well - great attention to detail. The bottom says "you are wearing clothes" and the upper symbol is U R in sign language.

I just love unique local items. Bonnet update shortly...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That tshirt is so wicked. What a score! Have fun with the bonnets. I have slight bonnet-envy. I'm going to knit Edie one for Friday hopefully. Just found out my brother's getting married that day. Need her to wear something cute Mommy made. Can't really wrap E.B. around her head!

April 18, 2006 7:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home