Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Friday, June 16, 2006

workin it

Well, I missed out on day blue of colour week, but did manage to find a little red lurking in my photo archives.
I actually wore this little number today. It's a one skein wonder by Glampyre made from red/green cotton yarn. Just enough to keep the chill off with this cool weather we are having. It is a sweet little pattern - perfect if you are warming up to knit a whole sweater! (I'm still working on that).

And I thought I would share my work in progress corner. My little desk that used to be for studying/working has recently been transformed in to my crafting/sewing centre (a much better use of space ;). I now study at the dining room table, which has a lot more room to spread out.
I only have about 10+ works in progress on the go: a bag for a dear little boy (the baseball denim fabric), my knit purse (lining needs to be put in and handle attached), blackout lining for the window (hopefully finished before summer is over), and numerous clothes to sew and refashion. I won't even show you my mending pile - scary! You can see I am into the "basket" method of organization. Love baskets. Love organizing!

I hope all of you have a lovely Friday evening and a fabulous weekend too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home