Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

GTAS!

I know GTAS sounds like some acronym for a new kind of tax here in BC, but it's not! It is the Good Time Animal Swap, which is now up and running! Yah! My first swap...the pressure...the fun!

This means that my posts will be including more fun pics of Oscar the cat and some info about who this mysterious feline really is. Oscar is a character - first of all, he is desperately attached to his daddy A. You should hear how he chatters when A wakes up in the morning or comes home from work. Of course, he also loves to chatter at the birds and squirrels that frequent the trees just outside our balcony. He will have a full-on conversation with you, tell you about his day, or his opinion about the recent social commentary on the news, or about how much he misses you when you are away.
Most of all, Oscar (like many cats) likes to nap. He has his special blanket on the couch, near the window so he doesn't miss any of the exciting antics of the wildlife outside.

In knitting news, I've been knitting a bit on a project that has been in the works since last summer. I have noticed that I tend to work on a project in spurts, putting it down when I become tired of it, or run into a snag, or want to make an item for someone else. I have recently picked up my Orangina top (pattern by Glampyre) and have hopes that it will be done for me to wear this Spring/Summer.

I love the colour and pattern, but the cotton is a bit hard to knit and I cannot work on it for too long before my wrists start to ache. I have completed one side and am a few inches into the other side - the panels still need to be joined and ribbing knit for the waist.

Oh, and here's a pic of the snow!! Two days in a row we woke up to snow on the ground. It was lovely. Not today, however, it is sunshine and white fluffy clouds.

4 Comments:

Blogger Irie said...

Ooooh... your Orangina is beautiful! Love the color!

March 13, 2006 7:02 a.m.  
Blogger Lene said...

If I could I'd be more than happy to share with you the white stuff, we have plenty.

Orangina is going to beautiful, and just in time for warmer weather.

March 14, 2006 12:37 a.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

Hi lene! It is nice to live in a place where snow is a novelty - I've lived in places where it is not and this time of year can be a bit tiresome as you wait for Spring.

Thanks for the comments on Orangina!

March 14, 2006 8:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to have snow.

I'm so glad you like the linocut.

March 14, 2006 8:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home