Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oh my

Well, graduate school really puts a damper on my crafting life sometimes! I've done a little bit of knitting (and unknitting) on Orangina and River (remember River??) depending on my mood and if there is a mistake that needs fixing (where did those two stitches go??).









I did manage to make a little pouch for my dear friend Carley's birthday. She loves goats, so it is a goat pouch! I hand quilted around one of the goats and along a few seam lines; added ribbon trim and a tab; and attached a thrifted orange button; and inserted a turquoise zipper (also thrifted). The inside is lined with a cute kittycat fabric and there is flannel sandwiched between the layers to give it some body. All in all, it turned out well after some challenges with the lining and turning (I always manage to get the wrong side of the fabric showing at least once per project).
I also made her a card and gave her one of the birdy prints from Anna of Twelve22. She loved it. We cried. And now she is on her way to live in Turkey for a year! I will miss her company dearly (miss you Carley!).

I am off for a conference in lovely Baltimore this week - I hope to be back and finishing up some projects soon! Until then, happy crafting and keep smiling :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried posting this earlier I'll try again ;)

Nice fabric! the goat bag. Edie would be making farm animal noises all day if she saw that!

June 05, 2006 12:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO LOVE my goat bag!!! It is wonderful and has made it all the way to Turkey along with the birdie print which is now the only bit of art in our apartment. We haven't figured out where to put it yet but I love it and it was easy to take far away. I miss you too Robin!

June 20, 2006 3:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home