Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

peep!

Just stopping by to show you NO crafting. That's right! None. I am itching to knit, but have no time. I have a pile of clothes to refashion, but no time. And my purse! I want to finish my purse!

Alright, enough whining. I haven't been crafting or knitting, but I have been traveling! I went to Baltimore, Maryland, for a conference where I presented a paper. I haven't been to the US in quite a while and have never been to the East Coast. The weather was stormy and humid, which I kind of liked as it is very different from what I see here in Victoria. I managed to sneak away from the conference and went to a yarn store at Fells Point: A Good Yarn. Believe it or not, the woman who owns the shop is from Canada (Nova Scotia). I purchased a few skeins of yarn that I haven't had a chance to take a picture of yet so you will have to make do with the storefront.
I managed to knit a bit at night in my hotel room, but didn't venture on the plane with my needles. I am so afraid of them taking my knitting needles away from me!! So little knitting time was had in Baltimore. One day I will be brave enough to knit during the conference...I will!

I found a great little shop in Fells Point where I made a few purchases that I will show later. One of them is a fabulous bag by Lotta Jansdotter (the green one)! Yum!
After I returned to Victoria, and my tailbone recovered somewhat from sitting for three days (make it 5 with traveling), I was home for one day and then off to Vancouver for a quick trip. This was a very nice occasion as I have recently been awarded a scholarship and was attending the celebration event. The organization put me up at the Granville Island Hotel - wonderful location!









Here is the view to the left and right as I sipped on my masala chai and enjoyed the sun at Granville Island. Vancouver is just the best city when the weather is agreeable! I was so glad to have some time to just relax and walk around to see all of the shops.

Well, my bloggy friends, I shall return with photos of yarn and other goodies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home