Crafty Bird

Welcome to my nest of fibre, fabric, paper, and beads...

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for dropping by! I have a passion for all sorts of crafty goodness. Creating items with my hands and heart is a perfect complement to my working life.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fly away birdie!

I was so happy to receive an airmail package today that had flown all the way from Australia. Inside was the linocut print I ordered from Jackie of Littlest Flower! It is so beautiful and she even provided me with some tape for framing it properly. Now, I just need to get to an IKEA for a frame (or two). Unfortunately, the nearest store is a ferry ride away. But for now I can admire it sans frame!



The photo below is a bit blue - the background paper is white and the ink a bit more turquoise. I love it!





















I've been working away on Orangina a bit - not much progress to show.

I will leave you with more gratuitous Oscar shots. Sleeping in the sun - nesting in some shredded paper - and guarding the front door (very sphinx-like).










5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Oscar's such a cute! And I love that print. Jackie's site is so cute! Speaking of sites, just so you know I'm trying out typepad for a month. Let me knoww what you think ;)

March 15, 2006 8:23 a.m.  
Blogger Cally said...

Oscar must be truly sphinx-like to contain himself around all the sweet birdy-ness that flew your way! Thanks for comment on my blog ;-)

March 16, 2006 2:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My nearest IKEA is an 80 kilometer drive and they usually don't have what I want when I get there!
Thank-you for linking me.

March 16, 2006 2:58 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, you got one of Jackie's gorgeous linos, I love each one of them so much!

March 18, 2006 10:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pleased to meet you Oscar... your owner has a wonderful blog! Bye for now, LJ

March 19, 2006 2:42 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home